Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Adventures With Funfetti Cake Mix

I started with this…

funfetti cake mix

When I opened the box I divided the mix… half went into the mixing bowl. The other half I put into a ziplock bag for storage. Next time I will probably store it in a mason jar. half a box of cake mix

I made these…12 weight watchers cupcakes To make 1.5 point plus cupcakes – preheat the oven to 350. Line your cupcake pan with paper liners. Mix half a box of  cake mix with 6 oz (3/4 cup) of diet sprite and 1 egg white.  Whisk it all together, making sure there are no lumps and the batter looks like cake batter.  Divide the batter equally among the 12 cupcake liners. Bake 18 minutes – 20 minutes – test with a toothpick. When they are done the toothpick will come out clean.  When they are cool, I will frost them with fat free cool whip. They will be a nice low fat dessert later tonight.

After I made the cupcakes I made a cake batter dip. Sounds strange doesn’t it? But it tastes so good! This has been all over the pinterest boards, but I made it my way, using less cake batter and more yogurt.  I liked it a lot!!!  My family liked it a lot! So yummy good!

cake batter dip - low points plus dessert dip

weight watchers cake batter dip  cake batter dip recipe – my version

  • 1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
  • 2 TBS cake batter mix (dry – right out of the box)
  • 2 TBS fat free cool whip

Mix well, and serve with sliced apples or other fruit

A serving is 2 tablespoons – it was plenty of dip for my sliced apples. YUMMY!

I didn’t come up with these yummy recipes on my own. I found the recipe for the cupcakes here: Skinny Funfetti Cupcakes

The dip recipe I found here via pinterest: Funfetti Cake Dip I love browsing her website, Eat Yourself Skinny, as I am looking for new recipes with weight watchers points plus listed.  I can browse her recipes by points per serving, or by course. I like that!

No comments:

Goal - Motivation