Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Flat Belly Diet

At some point this past year I picked up the book The Flat Belly Diet. I didn’t really stick to it. But I did add nuts, olives, and more whole grains into my diet. I also started drinking the water.. Sassy Water. I love it! I grow mint in amongst my flower gardens, so I had it on hand. I never thought about adding mint to my cold water. So yummy!

The Water – add the following to a pitcher and store in the fridge overnight

  • 2 quarts of water
  • about an inch slice of ginger minced or grated
  • a cucumber peeled and sliced thin
  • a handful of spearmint leaves – I use peppermint sometime
  • a small lemon thinly sliced

I lost a few pounds and was happy with the results. I didn’t even try sticking to the diet because we were eating away from home far too often. I have been reading more about the diet plan and I think this is the way I’m going to go… the basics are 4 small meals a day – 3 main meals and one snack, each 400 calories each. The key ingredient to the diet… MUFAs -  monounsaturated fatty acids because they help fight belly fat.

If you want to learn more about the Flat Belly Diet Plan, I found many great articles at the Prevention magazine website – all free. I like free.

Prevention mag also offers a free get started guide. It is an 8 page starter guide you can download. You need to sign up with your email address and they will no doubt send you a newsletter. But the guide is free. I signed up for it, and have already printed it out. The 8 Page Guide  is free. Did I mention I like free?

There are a couple of reasons I like this plan so much more than a few of the others I have read up on. The heart healthy benefits of the monounsaturated fatty acids and eating 4 small meals a day helps to regulate blood sugar levels.

I’m excited about my new start…

No comments:

Goal - Motivation