Monday, June 2, 2008

My Diet and Exercise Plan - Starting Today

I've decided to lose weight, start a cardio and strength training program, and be healthier. I made this decision this past week. I have a lot of weight to lose. Over 100 pounds to lose. I realize it isn't going to be quick. It took me awhile to gain all this weight, and I know it will take some time and hard work to lose it.

I've been reading a lot about the benefits of walking, so I've been doing a little walking. I purchased a Winsor pilates program, and I have a bunch of home gym equipment available to me.

I'm not sure what diet I'm going to be using. For now I'm going to count calories. I may use weight watcher's and lean cuisine frozen meals for dinner, because the calorie counts are on the package. I don't want my plan to be too difficult to follow, or I won't follow my plan.

About 10 years ago, I followed Atkins low carb diet plan. I lost a lot of weight very quickly. But I am nervous about doing atkins now. I'll do some more reading about it, before making any decisions about what diet plan to follow. For now, I'm cutting the calories.

First of all, I question why I wish to start journaling about my diet and exercise plans. But then again, I know I have things to work on, and if I keep a journal of where I am, I can look back at it and see where I've been.

So here I am, starting out fresh and new, with somewhat of a goal in mind, and a mind set to journal about my journey to better health and a cute little body to go along with good health.

I'm not really sure where to begin with my blog, so I may be all over the board with my posts for the first few posts. That's a heads up for those of you use to one single topic per blog. I laugh as I post this, because I know how much random blog posts irritate some readers. However, after I sort out what I'm doing with my diet and exercise routine, I'm sure, I'll be more consistant with my topics.

No comments:

Goal - Motivation