Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Slow Beginnings to my Diet and Exercise Routine

I didn't realize how much time has gone by since I last wrote anything here. I guess, like anything else it's something I need to plan into my day, so I don't forget and let a week or two go by without journaling anything.

It's been a tough few days. I was getting out walking every day, and I felt so good after my walk. Then one day, I was walking and all of a sudden I broke out into a heavy sweat. I had to stop and sit down for several minutes. My walking companion and I headed back to the car and by the time I got there I really didn't feel well. I was worried. I wasn't sure what was wrong. Was I having a heart attack? I didn't know what was wrong. Well. It turned out, I had the flu. So I've been down with the flu for all this time. Thank goodness, that's all it was. Who gets the flu this late in the year? Me.

One good thing about the flu. I lost some weight. Now I'm almost over the flu, but I feel a bit weaker than I did before I started this new diet and exercise plan. I'm back to step one. I feel a little less motivated than I did.

I need to find my motivation to lose weight. I'm not real sure where to look for motivation. It's late, so maybe I'll go to sleep thinking about it, and it will come to me in the night.

No comments:

Goal - Motivation